Pages

Our Motto:

The Connecticut Catholic Corner Motto: Romans 14:16 "Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil."

All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner

© 2007-2023 All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner *except EWTN press releases(see sidebar)*

***FYI: Comments***

Due to continued problems with Disqus I have removed them from this blog- in doing so comments from 2018-2020 have disappeared from my blog posts.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mother's Day and aborted babies

As Mother’s Day approaches I am filled with mostly wonderful thoughts.  Remembering my own excitement the first time I was counted among the many women who could celebrate Mother’s Day for the first time.  I also remember all the Mother’s Days of my childhood, making cards for my own mother and grandmothers and great grandmother.  Picking flowers in the yard and field behind my house, wrapping them in Barbie ribbons (Mom wasn’t much of a crafter, so I had to make due), holding them behind my back waiting until she poured over each word my broken Crayola’s had written, including the X’s and O’s under my neatly printed name.  When she looked up smiling from my handmade card I would say “Happy Mother’s Day!” as if she hadn’t known what day it was.  My little brother beside me repeated all I did and looked to me to see if he got it right.
 
When I was older and married with my first and then second child, Mother’s Day became even more profound.  Now it was me reading the handmade cards my children created for me, and placing their flowers in a prominent place in the house where I could show everyone who came over what my beautiful children had done for me on Mother’s Day.  Precious memories.

Memories some people will never ever have.  Instead Mother’s Day for some of them is filled with a haunting void- a place that a child should have filled, but instead guilt and emptiness is all there is.  Still others are so cold and empty it filters through their brains but nothing touches their hearts.  I’m not talking about the pain and tragic suffering of a Mother who lost her child to death.  I am talking about a mother who paid someone cold cash to murder her child growing in her womb.

One such woman I am thinking of this week is Jenny Kutner, a writer at Salon who last August wrote about her planned abortion.  Her callous and cold selfish online story has haunted me since I read it last August...



I wrote about her back then, about what she had done and how there was no motherly instinct in her at all to love and protect the child growing in her womb.  Instead she was filled with disdain and disgust at the tiny child.  Her story still haunts me as does the child she heartlessly killed.  I can't help but wonder if she feels differently today.  

Has what she's done had any effect on her at all?  Regret?  Remorse?  Guilt? Depression?  Sadly, I think not going by her subsequent writings on birth control and sex.

Still, I wonder how she feels today as Mother’s Day approaches.  This first Mother's Day since her abortion...a day she might have celebrated with a child in her arms.  How will she feel every Mother’s Day for the rest of her life knowing she paid someone to murder her child because the timing was wrong?  How do the people who supported her “choice” to abort her child feel?  Her mother, who would be a grandmother today?  Her father, who would be a grandfather?   Are they thinking of the grandchild they helped murder?  Do they wonder what color eyes or hair their grandchild would have?  Do they miss holding and loving this child they helped abort?  Do they recall their dead grandchild at all?

How about her 'supportive' aunts?  Uncles?  Friends?  All those people who told her they supported her “choice” to pay another human being to kill the life growing within her.  The life of HER child…a child that would one day create Mother’s Day cards for her, pick flowers for her and call her ‘mommy’.  That child is dead this Mother’s Day.  They helped killed him/her.  Collectively, with Kutner's choice of abortionist, these people murdered this child.  Kutner and all her supporters will never know that innocent child because together this murderous group helped another human being snuff out this child’s life.  Does anyone of her "supporters" think of this child?

I hope they are thinking of Kutner’s baby this and every Mother’s Day for the rest of their lives. 

I hope they feel guilt and remorse.  I hope they pray to God for forgiveness for what they’ve done- the murder they've committed.  That child’s blood is on all their hands.

I wonder if they ever think of that?  Do they care?

For the sake of the souls of every single person who has had an abortion, performs an abortion and who supports abortion, I pray you will repent for what you have done/are doing.  It's murder.

This Mother's Day, I am asking my readers to PRAY for the mothers and fathers who have murdered their children, and for those who helped and offered their support in the butchering of a human being.  And pray for the end of abortion.  

Mother's Day is a time to celebrate our children and the mothers and grandmother's who give them life, but we can't forget those the world has lost because they were aborted.  We can't forget them...ever.



In Christ,


Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner 






UPDATE:  The Federalist has picked up this articlehttp://thefederalist.com/2016/05/06/mothers-day-is-not-the-time-to-justify-your-abortion/

-------
Comments removed but not forgotten because every comment made on this blog automatically comes to my email: 






10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam this is MY blog and on MY blog I will speak MY mind on any subject I wish. When your daughter decided to make her abortion public and was paid to write about killing her child (your grandchild) thousands of people left comments reflecting their thoughts on her butchery (see link to her original article).

    Some people cheered her decision to pay another human being to rip the growing human being from her womb. Others were saddened and disgusted by her actions and still others (the fence sitters) had no opinion at all yet still had to leave comments saying that they had no opinion so their voices (saying nothing) could be heard.

    Abortion IS murder. Abortion kills a developing human being. Your daughter KILLED the human being inside her - your grandchild. The child was not "a group of clustered cells", he or she was a human being. Your daughter was pregnant with a child not a house plant. A baby. A baby none of you will ever hold in your arms.

    God will judge Jenny Kutner's soul and where she will spend eternity and He will judge the soul's of every single person who "supported" the murder of that innocent child. Murder is a sin and abortion is murder.

    Catechism:
    2271 Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law:
    You shall not kill the embryo by abortion and shall not cause the newborn to perish. 75
    God, the Lord of life, has entrusted to men the noble mission of safeguarding life, and men must carry it out in a manner worthy of themselves. Life must be protected with the utmost care from the moment of conception: abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes. 76

    2272 Formal cooperation in an abortion constitutes a grave offense. The Church attaches the canonical penalty of excommunication to this crime against human life. "A person who procures a completed abortion incurs excommunication latae sententiae," 77 "by the very commission of the offense," 78 and subject to the conditions provided by Canon Law. 79 The Church does not thereby intend to restrict the scope of mercy. Rather, she makes clear the gravity of the crime committed, the irreparable harm done to the innocent who is put to death, as well as to the parents and the whole of society.

    2274 Since it must be treated from conception as a person, the embryo must be defended in its integrity, cared for, and healed, as far as possible, like any other human being.
    Prenatal diagnosis is morally licit, "if it respects the life and integrity of the embryo and the human fetus and is directed toward its safe guarding or healing as an individual.... It is gravely opposed to the moral law when this is done with the thought of possibly inducing an abortion, depending upon the results: a diagnosis must not be the equivalent of a death sentence." 82

    2322 From its conception, the child has the right to life. Direct abortion, that is, abortion willed as an end or as a means, is a "criminal" practice (GS 27 § 3), gravely contrary to the moral law. The Church imposes the canonical penalty of excommunication for this crime against human life.

    Abortion is murder. That is what my faith teaches and that is what I believe and that is why I wrote my articles as I did. I do hope that before you and Jenny die you both repent of this murder, for it is murder and no murderers will be in heaven. Heaven is for repentant sinners, so I do pray for the Kutner family and supporters that you all feel horrible remorse for what you've done and repent of this hideous crime before your judgement day.

    In Christ,

    Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You believe that Jews and Christians have different Gods? That the God of the Jewish Torah and the God in the New Testament are not the same? That one supports parents butchering their pre-born children in the womb and the other opposes it?

    Strange. Are you a new age Jew? Do you go to Temple regularly? Or are you merely Jew by birth and don't actually practice the faith?

    "For you created my inmost being: you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to me. Psalm 139: 13-16

    You should educate yourself more on life:
    http://www.jewishprolifefoundation.org/

    In Christ,

    Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner


    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going against God's wishes by judging and hating another eing for their actions. What others do should not steer you away from what God has taught for you will having to answer for your actions and words when the time comes. The child is with God now for it was without sin. Continue your teachings in the church and lead by example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To "Unknown", clearly you are uneducated in Scripture. We DO judge peoples actions, we do not judge their eternity as that will done by God on Judgement day.

    People "judge" other peoples actions/deeds every day in the court of law based on current laws. Do you oppose that too? Should we no longer judge all peoples actions/deeds? What's the point of having laws if we don't judge who is breaking them and judge what their punishment should be for breaking those laws?

    Jesus said "You will know them by their fruits (works/deeds/actions)", how could we know if their "fruit" was good or rotten if we do not judge? We judge deeds against what God calls sin. We don't decide what is sin, God does.

    There is a difference between eternal judgement (God alone) and judging wrong behavior/actions/deeds which we are called by God to do so we can CORRECT the sinner so they might repent and turn from their sin so in the end, when they are facing their eternal judgement they do not go to Hell.

    Christians are called to tell people when they are in sin, so that their souls might be saved. We ARE our brother's keepers. You can bet your eternity on that.

    In Christ,

    Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one thing to point out someone's sins but it is another to continously bring up their past sins. Even if they have or haven't repent. Reopening a wound with hatred. When will you let this go child?

      Delete
  7. Maybe you should judge people who behave like this rather than those who cause no harm. I believe your time would be better spent and would actually do some good.

    http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/04/2-toddlers-found-chained-to-ground-tied-up-with-dog-leash-behind-san-antonio-area-home.html/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam you still don't get it, but I do sincerely pray that one day you will. What Jenny, her supporters and her abortionist did and are doing HAVE caused harm. You have all KILLED a human being! An innocent, defenseless human being- a part of YOU. That child's DNA was part of YOU and you all collectively murdered that boy or girl.

    For the sake of all your souls, I truly hope one day you accept what you've done, feel remorse and repent.

    In Christ,

    Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

    ReplyDelete

This is a Catholic blog, please keep your comments respectful to my Faith even when you disagree.

Profanity will not be tolerated - it will be DELETED, so do not waste your time or mine.

Thank you and God bless...

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...