EWTN Specials Honor Mother Angelica’s
Life & Legacy In Celebration of
Mother’s 90th Birthday!
Irondale, AL – Irondale, AL (EWTN) – This week: EWTN Global Catholic Network honors its Foundress, Mother Angelica, on her 90th birthday, with 90 hours of programming, 90-minute specials and much more!
“I know viewers will love hearing behind-the-scenes stories of the founding of EWTN from those who accompanied Mother over an often challenging journey,” said EWTN Executive Vice President & COO Doug Keck. “Viewers also tell us that Mother Angelica’s programs are as inspirational today as they were when she made them. Seeing and hearing those programs again gives all of us fresh determination to carry on her legacy.”
Viewers won’t want to miss the following special programs:
- A 90-Minute Special of “EWTN LIVE:” At 8 p.m. ET, Wednesday, April 17, EWTN LIVE Fr. Mitch Pacwa is joined by several EWTN employees and hosts to tell how they came to work for this humble nun and her extraordinary vision. Special guests include President and Chief Executive Officer Michael P. Warsaw, Doug Keck, EWTN Chaplain Fr. Joseph, Community Servant of the Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word Fr. Anthony, two of Mother’s sisters from the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, Ala., and more.
- “World Over Special:” As Mother’s official biographer, EWTN Lead Anchor Raymond Arroyo brings his unique perspective on Mother’s life as he interviews several of her sisters. (Get Arroyo’s “New York Times” bestseller on Mother Angelica here: http://bit.ly/ZlXqRY). Air 8 p.m. ET, Thursday, April 18.
- Ninety Hours of “Mother Angelica Live:” Now through Saturday, April 20, view classic episodes of this beloved show. For a complete list, click here: http://www.ewtn.com/multimedia/advances.asp?live2=Mother%20Angelica.
- Mother Angelica special webpage: Our newly launched site, (http://www.ewtn.com/90thbirthday/), includes Mother’s biography, EWTN’s story, exclusive video clips, and personal testimonies, as well as special events and programs.
- Mother Angelica on Facebook: Share the love! Mother Angelica’s audience comes together on Facebook to tell EWTN what they love about our Foundress. The popular social media site continues to receive an outpouring of stories and support for the nun who has influenced thousands through her work in the media. See them all here: http://on.fb.me/170DZBP.
EWTN Global Catholic Network, in its 30th year, is available in over 200 million television households in more than 140 countries and territories. With its direct broadcast satellite television and radio services, AM & FM radio networks, worldwide short-wave radio station, Internet website www.ewtn.com, electronic and print news services, and publishing arm, EWTN is the largest religious media network in the world.