Grab Your Remote!
EWTN’s Spring Season Debuts
Irondale, AL – Learn amazing things about your Catholic Faith without leaving home! Tune in to the EWTN Global Catholic Network this Spring as we debut eight new series, perfect for anyone who wants to better understand their Catholic Faith and how to defend it!
“Each year, our lineup gets stronger,” said EWTN Chairman & Chief Executive Officer Michael P. Warsaw. “We believe there is something on the EWTN schedule of interest to everyone!”
“We are especially excited about Father Charles Conner’s new series, “Grab Your Catechism,” said EWTN President Doug Keck. “This half-hour series, which airs at 4 p.m. ET, will have Fr. Conner beginning on page one of the Catechism and taking you through it chapter by chapter. It’s the beginning of a powerful new series that will ultimately cover the whole Catechism literally cover to cover, and a great way to learn about every facet of your Faith!”
For a sneak peak at all the new shows, please tune in to the “EWTN Season Preview” with Host Doug Keck. (Airs 3 a.m. ET, Sunday, Feb. 16; 9 p.m. ET, Monday, Feb. 17; 2:30 p.m. ET, Wednesday, Feb. 19; 6 p.m. ET, Friday, Feb. 21; and 11 p.m. ET, Saturday, Feb. 22.). Below is a summary of the eight series and their air times, which will begin airing on EWTN in March:
- "Cross Training": The host of “Dogmatic Theology,” Father James Mallon, explores the healthy convergence of body, mind, and soul through prayer, nutrition, and fitness advice. Airs 2 p.m. ET, Thursdays, 10 p.m. ET Fridays, and 6:30 p.m. ET, Saturdays.
- "My Time With Jesus": This EWTN original, animated, Gabriel award-winning children’s program features four kids who travel back in time to experience Gospel stories first-hand, and to better understand the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Faith. Airs 4:30 p.m. ET, Mondays, and 9:30 a.m. ET, Saturdays.
- "How To Pray for Sons and Daughters and Loved Ones": Host Vernon Robertson presents insights on how to pray for family members, particularly those who have strayed from the Faith. Airs 4 a.m. ET, Mondays, and 5:30 p.m. ET, Saturdays.
- "In Defense of God’s Likeness": Host Fr. Robert Spitzer, S.J., Ph.D., exposes the darkness of today’s destructive culture and proposes a strategy for creating a culture of life. Airs 3:30 a.m. ET, Mondays, and 2:30 p.m. ET, Wednesdays.
- "Eucharistic Journey and the New Evangelization": Sister Joan Noreen reflects on the significance of the Eucharist and how it plays a major role in evangelization. Airs 4:30 a.m. ET and 5 p.m. ET, Saturdays.
- "St. Luke’s Gospel Season II": Irish scripture scholar, lay missionary and educator Frances Hogan journeys through the Gospel of St. Luke, sharing its thematic elements, powerful infancy narrative and parables. Airs 6:30 am. ET, Sundays, and 3:30 a.m. ET, Wednesdays.
- "Priests and Deacons: Ministers of Mercy": Fr. Brian Mullady, O.P. and Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers examine the ministry of the priesthood and diaconate in the Catholic Church. Learn to understand the complementary roles involved in the ministerial life of priests and deacons. Airs 5 p.m. ET, Sundays, 11 p.m. ET, Mondays, and 6:30 a.m. ET, Tuesdays.
- "Grab Your Catechism": Host Fr. Charles Connor explores the first two parts of the Catholic Catechism. Airs 4 p.m. ET, Sundays, 11 p.m. ET, Tuesdays, and 3:30 a.m. ET Thursdays.
EWTN Global Catholic Network, in its 33rd year, is available in over 230 million television households in more than 140 countries and territories. With its direct broadcast satellite television and radio services, AM & FM radio networks, worldwide short-wave radio station, Internet website www.ewtn.com, electronic and print news services, and publishing arm, EWTN is the largest religious media network in the world.
|New EWTN Show: "Cross Training"|
On the set of EWTN's new show, "Cross Training," in which Father James Mallon explores the healthy convergence of body, mind, and soul through prayer, nutrition, and fitness advice.. Airs 2 p.m. ET, Thursdays, 10 p.m. ET Fridays, and 6:30 p.m. ET, Saturdays beginning March 1.