Pages

Our Motto:

The Connecticut Catholic Corner Motto: Romans 14:16 "Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil."

All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner

© 2007-2023 All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner *except EWTN press releases(see sidebar)*

***FYI: Comments***

Due to continued problems with Disqus I have removed them from this blog- in doing so comments from 2018-2020 have disappeared from my blog posts.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Catholic nun sings Madonna's "Like a virgin" song...


Good grief, what was she thinking?


Music video by Sister Cristina performing Like A Virgin. (C) 2014 Universal Music Italia Srl



QuoteIn an interview with the Catholic daily Avvenire this week, Sister Cristina explained why she picked Like a Virgin as one of the tracks on her album, which will be released next month."I chose it myself, without any desire to provoke or cause a scandal. By reading the text, without letting yourself be influenced by previous [interpretations], you discover that it is a song about the ability of love to renew people, to redeem them from their past. And that’s how I wanted to interpret it."
Original Madonna lyrics (Sister Cristina removed the BLUE parts in her version)

"Like A Virgin"

I made it through the wilderness
Somehow I made it through
Didn't know how lost I was
Until I found you

I was beat incomplete
I'd been had, I was sad and blue
But you made me feel
Yeah, you made me feel
Shiny and new

[Chorus:]

Like a virgin
Touched for the very first time
Like a virgin
When your heart beats [after first time, "With your heartbeat"]
Next to mine

Gonna give you all my love, boy
My fear is fading fast
Been saving it all for you
'Cause only love can last

You're so fine and you're mine
Make me strong, yeah you make me bold
Oh your love thawed out
Yeah, your love thawed out
What was scared and cold

[chorus]

Oooh, oooh, oooh

You're so fine and you're mine
I'll be yours 'till the end of time
'Cause you made me feel
Yeah, you made me feel
I've nothing to hide

[chorus]

Like a virgin, ooh, ooh
Like a virgin
Feels so good inside
When you hold me, and your heart beats, and you love me

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Ooh, baby
Can't you hear my heart beat
For the very first time?




*sigh*


In Christ,


Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner



Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11182688/Italys-singing-nun-criticised-by-bishops-for-remake-of-Madonnas-Like-a-Virgin.html
Source: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/madonna/likeavirgin.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Catholic blog, please keep your comments respectful to my Faith even when you disagree.

Profanity will not be tolerated - it will be DELETED, so do not waste your time or mine.

Thank you and God bless...

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...