Pages

Our Motto:

The Connecticut Catholic Corner Motto: Romans 14:16 "Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil."

All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner

© 2007-2023 All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner *except EWTN press releases(see sidebar)*

***FYI: Comments***

Due to continued problems with Disqus I have removed them from this blog- in doing so comments from 2018-2020 have disappeared from my blog posts.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

This Election Day I am Grateful and Happy


Five things I am grateful for this election day (in no particular order).

1) I am grateful all the campaign commercials will stop.

2) I am grateful to see the first African American on the presidential ticket in the United States. It has been too long in coming and its truly a sign of hope for our country regardless of what party he belongs to.

3) I am grateful to see so many people fired up about voting and registering to vote in record numbers. This country belongs to all of us and we need to hear from everyone.

4) I am grateful that I was able to attend Mass this morning with my children before I went to vote with them by my side. I hope to instill in them the honor, right and privilege it is for ALL Americans to be able to vote and have a voice in our elections.

5) I am grateful the weather was good and the lines not too long! Nothing worse then standing hours in a pouring rain or frigid snow storm.

I am happy my children can see the hope and potential for African Americans and women to be anything they want to be in our great nation.


My thanks to God for seeing this day. May God bless us all and may God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Catholic blog, please keep your comments respectful to my Faith even when you disagree.

Profanity will not be tolerated - it will be DELETED, so do not waste your time or mine.

Thank you and God bless...

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...