Pages

Our Motto:

The Connecticut Catholic Corner Motto: Romans 14:16 "Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil."

All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner

© 2007-2023 All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner *except EWTN press releases(see sidebar)*

***FYI: Comments***

Due to continued problems with Disqus I have removed them from this blog- in doing so comments from 2018-2020 have disappeared from my blog posts.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Catholic Mother's Prayer Manual


I have a Catholic Mother's Manual Prayer book dated 1941 by A. Francis Coomes, S.J. once owned by my great grandmother and gifted to me after she had passed away. It's a small prayer book designed especially for Catholic Mother's and full of prayers on parenting, children and motherhood in general. It also includes blessings and feast information and quotes from saints. As so many children (and their parents) are now preparing for their First Communion this spring, I thought I would share a few of the prayers for children.

For Protection of the Child


I put my little babe under your protection Mary, my Mother. Make its tiny mind grow up to love the truths of faith; consecrate its will to the service of God; fill its heart with love for its Creator. Fashion its little body in all perfection; let its organs be sound, its sense acute, all its members strong and healthy. You can obtain this favor for me and my child, most powerful Mother. I put my trust in you. Amen.

Consecration of a child to Mary


Holy Mary, Mother of God and Mother of all faithful. I place my little child under your mothering protection. To you I completely consecrate it- body and soul. Take it under your care and keep it always. Protect it in its infancy and keep it sound in body and mind. Guard over its youth and keep its heart pure, its thoughts ever holy and directed to God and spiritual things. Protect it always throughout life- in its joys and sorrows, in its dealings with others. Always and in all things be a true Mother to it, Mary, and preserve it. I commend it entirely to you. Remember Mother Mary, that through this act of consecration it is by a special claim your child as well as mine; guard it and keep it as your property and possession. Amen.

For a Child’s Vocation


Dear Lord Jesus, You have entrusted this child to my keeping. He [she] is growing older now and must soon decide upon a future state of life. Please help him [her], and help me to help my child to make the decisions You want. I would be very proud and happy if You called him [her] to make a complete consecration to his [her] life to You, but You know best. Whatever are Your designs, just let my child know and follow them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Catholic blog, please keep your comments respectful to my Faith even when you disagree.

Profanity will not be tolerated - it will be DELETED, so do not waste your time or mine.

Thank you and God bless...

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...