EWTN’s Spring Season Puts Spotlight on Evangelization
Irondale, AL (EWTN) – Wish you were better at sharing your faith? Whether they’re your neighbors, your friends, your family or even your own grandkids, EWTN has a show that will help you share the faith while deepening your own! Get a sneak peek at the Network’s new shows this week with EWTN President and “Bookmark” Host Doug Keck. “EWTN Season Preview” for Spring airs 11 p.m. ET, Monday, Feb. 16; 5 p.m. ET, Wednesday, Feb. 18; 10:30 a.m. ET, Friday, Feb. 20; and 1:30 p.m. ET, Saturday, Feb. 21.In addition to new episodes of many of your favorite shows, the following brand new shows will premiere the first week of March:
- “Grandparents:” This show kicks off with an “EWTN Event!” At 8 p.m. ET, Wednesday, Feb. 25, Fr. Mitch Pacwa will welcome Host Fr. James Mallon to “EWTN Live” to discuss his new series, “Grandparents.” Afterwards, stay tuned for the first episode of the new series. Let Fr. James Mallon, Deacon Larry Worthen, and Nicole Snook introduce you to grandparents who play a rich role in developing the faith lives of their children and grandchildren – and learn about grandparent saints! Following the premiere, “Grandparents” will settle into its regular time slot at 9 p.m. ET Sundays; and 5:30 a.m. ET Mondays.
- “Symbolon:” Dr. Edward Sri and a team of theologians conduct a series of discussions to help Catholics better articulate and live out their beliefs! Airs 11 p.m. ET, Mondays; and 3:30 a.m. ET, Saturdays.
- “The Voice of the Bridegroom: A Christological Key To Reading the Whole Bible:” Bishop Jan Liesen, SSD, of Breda in the Netherlands, leads a spirted 14-part discussion series that explains how God speaks to us in the Scriptures. Airs 2:30 p.m. ET, Wednesdays; and 11 p.m. ET, Fridays.
- “Fields and Faith:” Join Host Bob Dolan as he speaks with famous sports figures about their achievements and learns what they have discerned God wants from them on and off the sports field. Airs 4:30 p.m. ET Sundays; and 6:30 p.m. ET Tuesdays beginning March 1.
- This season, Host Fr. Joseph Mary will interview The Society of St. Vincent del Paul, which fights the cycle of poverty through radical transformation of the poor; Cursillo, which helps members bring others to Christ by living out their Christian faith with greater vibrancy; Worldwide Marriage Encounter, which helps improve and strengthen marriages; Focolare, which has grown into a worldwide faith-based community devoted to helping the poor; The Neocatechumenal Way, which evangelizes and instructs adults on the truths of the Catholic faith; the Catholic Association of Latino Leaders, which helps Latinos hold on to and learn more about their faith in America’s increasingly secular culture; and the Knights of St. Peter Claver, which is not only the largest and oldest African-American Catholic lay organization in the U.S., but one which now boasts representatives on six continents.
EWTN Global Catholic Network, in its 34th year, is available in over 238 million television households in more than 140 countries and territories. With its direct broadcast satellite television and radio services, AM & FM radio networks, worldwide short-wave radio station, Internet website www.ewtn.com, electronic and print news services, and publishing arm, EWTN is the largest religious media network in the world.