Theologian and blogger Ronald L. Conte Jr, over at The Reproach of Christ Blog, has written an absurd post called "My position on Michael Voris and Church Militant".
Conte writes a 21 point list of what he has determined are the sins of Voris and Church Militant. No where in his list does Conte give examples or sources for his allegations with the exception of the mention of one airport video that he doesn't link to. This lack of proof doesn't stop Conte from judging them and determining Voris and the folks at Church Militant to be in mortal sin.
Let's look at some of Conte's list...
1. The use of hate speech and gay slurs. No, this is not justified by the sins of those being corrected.What "hate speech and gay slurs"? No examples given, just slander.
2. The malicious condemnation of anyone whose views or actions they dislike, e.g. calling two priests “clerical clowns”, maligning various Bishops sometimes only for inaction (refusing to do what Voris and Church Militant think they should do). This is an objective mortal sin.Complete lie from Conte.
3. The vast over-simplification of all theological issues and Church teachings.Again, no example is given. Just condmenation and slander of Michael Voris and Church Militant.
4. The dogmatization of their point of view, as if it could not err.Example? Zip, nada, nothing.
5. The attitude that they, and especially Michael Voris himself, has the role to stand in judgment over Popes, Councils, Cardinals, and Bishops.It's not judgment Conte, its seeing their fruits. You'd think a theologian would know better.
Jesus WARNED believers to watch out for wolves in sheep's clothing...those wolves are in the Church today doing great harm.
Matthew 7:15-20 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)
A Tree and Its Fruit
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. 18 A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will know them by their fruits."
6. The refusal of submission of to the authority of each Pope, each Council, and the body of Bishops dispersed in the world, including refusal of submission to Pope Francis. (Numbers 5 and 6 constitute the objective mortal sin of schism.)LIAR.
Church Militant article "Church Authority and Schism": https://www.churchmilitant.com/catholicism/article/catholicism_schism
7. The rejection of the Second Vatican Council and recent magisterial teachings (mostly by ignoring these teachings). This is the sin of heresy, since it is a rejection of the infallible teachings of the ordinary and universal Magisterium in recent decades.
Michael Voris and Church Militant do NOT reject the Second Vatican Council, not a single word of it. What Voris has spoken of is "the spirit of VII" which is NOT the Council at all.
Church Militant article "Vatican II is on Our Side": https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/fighting-back
Here are more out right lies by Conte...
9. The teaching of abject heresy, e.g. denial that the Three Persons of the Trinity are consubstantial. Teaching heresy is an objective mortal sin.LIAR.
Church Militant article "Divine Trinity": https://www.churchmilitant.com/catholicism/article/catholicism_divine-trinity
10. An extremely narrow view of who is saved in salvation theology. This is essentially a type of neo-Feeneyism or mitigated Feeneyism, which is heresy.LIAR.
Church Militant article "Church Membership and Salvation": https://www.churchmilitant.com/catholicism/article/catholicism_church-membership-and-salvation
11. The absolute failure to teach the love of God above all else and the love of neighbor as self. These two great commandments are replaced in Voris’ work with emphasis on socio-political issues, conservative talking points, and harsh criticism of all who disagree.LIAR.
From Church Militant article
THE SUPREME LAW OF THE CHURCH": https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/archbishop-alexander-sample-on-salvation-of-souls
12. The refusal to engage in theological debates or discussions, because everything they present is treated as absolute dogma, so there can be no discussion or debate, nor any correction of their errors
This one is LAUGHABLE because anyone who spends 10 minutes on the CM website knows Voris does debate and discuss EVERYTHING under the sun relating to the Church and politics and social issues that are wrapped up in both the Church and politics.
Church Militant article/video "DEBATE: MICHAEL VORIS VS. MARK SHEA": https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/debate-michael-voris-vs.-mark-shea
The list goes on, but its more drivel with little to no substance and lots of judgment and condemning.
Clearly Conte is giving his "position on Michael Voris and Church Militant" without even knowing Voris or CM. Again, 10 minutes on the website would disprove most of Conte's list without having to do much research at all.
I think Conte was desperate for some blog hits and knew mentioning Voris and CM would bring him some traffic. Which might have worked, but at what cost? Conte looks to be a liar and/or a fool. High price to pay for some click bait.
Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner