Pages

Our Motto:

The Connecticut Catholic Corner Motto: Romans 14:16 "Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil."

All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner

© 2007-2023 All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner *except EWTN press releases(see sidebar)*

***FYI: Comments***

Due to continued problems with Disqus I have removed them from this blog- in doing so comments from 2018-2020 have disappeared from my blog posts.

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Finding a beautiful Catholic parish for Easter


Those of you who have followed my blog know that I have been a wandering Catholic for years now in search of a home parish. As my own home parish had become unbearable (see here). 

I have driven around Connecticut to different parishes within about 45 minutes of my home. I have gone to Mass at them and Confession. Some have great priests for Confession, but Mass like a mega church televangelist. 

There is one parish I keep going back to.

For a few months now I have been attending a beautiful baroque parish - the only baroque parish in the state of Connecticut actually- and I am really liking it. 

It's a Novus Ordo Mass, but its done well. The priest is very reverent. I've noticed a few women (including myself) wear veils and the people are for the most part, very quiet before and during Mass- that in its self is a world of difference from where I came from! 

There are NO bongo drums or piano's (thank you Jesus!), nor folk music. An organ, an actual beautiful organ! And not a felt banner in sight! 🙏

And did I mention its beautiful? 

Here are some photos I took on my cell phone before and after Mass today. 




There is one thing that bugs me though...they have a gorgeous altar rail that is completely unused! Such a shame! 

This is Saint Sebastian Church in Middletown, CT. 

I think I might have found my home. 😇

Happy and blessed Easter everyone!! 



In Christ, 

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner 



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Catholic blog, please keep your comments respectful to my Faith even when you disagree.

Profanity will not be tolerated - it will be DELETED, so do not waste your time or mine.

Thank you and God bless...

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...