Pages

Our Motto:

The Connecticut Catholic Corner Motto: Romans 14:16 "Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil."

All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner

© 2007-2023 All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner *except EWTN press releases(see sidebar)*

***FYI: Comments***

Due to continued problems with Disqus I have removed them from this blog- in doing so comments from 2018-2020 have disappeared from my blog posts.

Saturday, June 29, 2019

The Bachelorette reminds me of how grateful I am to be Catholic


I have watched several seasons (not all) of The Bachelor/Bachelorette on and off over the years. I am not watching this season however because I did watch the previous season where viewers were first introduced to Hannah Brown whom in my opinion is about as intelligent as a bag of rocks and more boring than watching grass grow. 

Try as I might to avoid Brown, a tweet on Twitter from Pat Robertson's CBN caught my eye. 




Hannah Brown, the "Christian" single woman having sex and looking for a husband on ABC's reality show "The Bachelorette" has declared "I am having physical relationships," and "The Lord made sex to be amazing!"

Apparently, this self professed Christian believes fornication is perfectly acceptable to our Lord because, get this, "I can do whatever. I sin daily, and Jesus still loves me. It's all washed, and if the Lord doesn't judge me and it's all forgiven, then no other man, woman, animal -- anything, I don't know! -- can judge me!"

I've heard this before years ago when I first became Catholic and protestant "friends" on social media were trying to talk me out of being Catholic. They attempted to correct me about going to Confession for my sins by telling me "It's all washed!". Poof! the moment Jesus died on the cross all my sins past, present and future were already washed away so I could sin daily and not worry about it. No need to repent. 



To this day it shocks me that people who claim to love Jesus feel their sinning is harmless and acceptable to God because Jesus loves them. Brown doesn't deny fornication is a sin, she just justifies her sin by saying "Jesus loves me" and "the Lord doesn't judge me". Where in the world did she get that from? 

She is shocked by the responses she is getting from the Christian world after she went naked bungee-jumping with one of the bachelors on the show competing for her hand in marriage. 



I don't know what denomination Hannah belongs to, reports merely describe her as "a devout Christian". 👀🤦 Whoever is 'teaching' her about Christianity is either confused or diabolical and purposely leading her toward Hell rather than Heaven. 

What part of Christianity teaches naked bungee-jumping is appropriate at any time- let alone with two people who barely (no pun intended) know each other while a film crew records it and millions of viewers watch? Or that suddenly fornication is acceptable to God because Jesus loves us? People often forget that the woman found in fornication about to be stoned to death (John 8:3-11) was told to "sin no more" by Jesus. He didn't tell her "Hey, you can continue fornicating because I love you, it's all good." Rather he called out her sin and told her to stop. Same with the invalid at the pool (John 5:1-15) when Jesus said to him, "Behold thou art made whole: sin no more, lest some worse thing happen to thee."
Quote: She [Hannah Brown] told ET she feels "blessed" that producers decided to showcase Christianity on her season. "A lot of times, people get Christianity and religion messed up. Your faith should be something personal in a relationship and it's not to judge others," the Alabama native expressed. "Christianity is something you welcome others into. It should be a place where people feel safe and welcomed... and not to feel judged or shamed."
The irony of that statement. 🤦

Besides my frustration at this type of attitude I am mostly angry. I was really, really angry when I found the Truth in Catholicism because at that moment I knew that almost everything I thought I knew about Christianity was a lie. I had been lied to, my non-Catholic family had been lied to for generations and so many of them died in those lies. Makes me mad- furious really. 

I pray daily for the conversion of sinners. I pray for the blind to see because once not too long ago I was one of those blind idiots stumbling around in protestantism thinking just because I loved Jesus I was saved and had nothing to fear or worry about. I was a fool. I had been fed lies and believed them.

Thank you Jesus for answering my prayers and bringing me home to your Holy Catholic Church. I am ever so grateful. 
🙏

In Christ, 

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner 




links: 

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/june/jesus-and-premarital-sex-make-big-appearance-on-the-bachelorette

https://www.etonline.com/how-hannah-browns-season-is-changing-sex-and-religion-on-the-bachelorette-exclusive-127204 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bachelorette-star-hannah-brown-hits-back-at-show-critics-1221699 



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Catholic blog, please keep your comments respectful to my Faith even when you disagree.

Profanity will not be tolerated - it will be DELETED, so do not waste your time or mine.

Thank you and God bless...

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...